Some of my blogging friends do this little thing called “Seven Quick Takes.” It’s a cute little way to catch their readers up on whatever has been going on in their lives. Since all my recent posts have been baby-related, I thought I would do a post about some of the other things we’ve got going on. Here are my “Seven Quick Takes” on some of the other aspects of my life!
1. We’ve found a church that we really like! Our entire 7 years of marriage have been spent looking for a church in which we feel like we are at home. This quick take deserves its own post, but suffice it to say that we have loved visiting this little church we’ve found and have thought about becoming members. The only thing standing in our way, is…
2. We are thinking about moving back home. If hubby finds a decent job in our home state before our lease is up, we are out of here! If not, we’ll move to a charming little city north of us, join the aforementioned church, and try to settle down and start a new life.
3. I am going back to work… Which both excites and terrifies me. I love what I do, and we need the extra money, but I don’t want to get caught up with work to the extent that I lose sight of personal goals. I feel strongly that I am in a place where I need to focus on (a) opening my own business (b) my writing, and (c) my love of language learning. Life is short and although it is good to work, sometimes the need to work and make money can actually be a distraction from what you really want to accomplish with your limited time on this earth.
4. I miss playing the Sims! Our PC broke down last year around this time, and I lost the ability to play the Sims as well as a lot of the stories that I was writing at the time. It was my most relaxing hobby to play the Sims, take screenshots of my gameplay, and write elaborate stories about the characters in my game. I am hoping we get a new PC soon so I can get back to that!
5. I am getting back to work on my infertility e-magazine. Last year, I started working on a project that I hoped would become an online magazine for those affected by infertility. Shortly after starting to work on that, our PC crashed AND I got pregnant. Then we moved! So the timing clearly didn’t work out. I haven’t stopped thinking about this e-zine, though, and I am looking forward to working on it again!
6. I’ve been taking coumadin, and I hate it! I had a blood clot in my lungs and was placed on the blood-thinner coumadin as a result. I don’t know how long I’ll be on this medication but I can’t wait until I can get off of it!
7. I never knew that the show “The Office” is so funny! My husband and I have started binge watching the office on Netflix when he comes home from work. I am not a huge TV person but I look forward to this time together every day! Dwight Schrute is, hands down, our favorite character!
So, that’s what’s been going on in my life, lately!